We are happy to announce the 2nd seminar of the CERN – SEENET-MTP PhD Training Program, which will be held at the Faculty of Physics, University of Bucharest, in the period 8-14 November 2015, with the topic Modern Aspects of Quantum Field Theory and Applications. *
The lecture program includes:
Hubert Spiesberger (University of Mainz)
Path integral formalism in QFT
Nikolaos Tetradis (University of Athens and CERN)
Field Theory, Renormalization and cosmology
Gianpiero Mangano (INFN, Naples) **
Neutrinos in astrophysics and cosmology
Ciprian Acatrinei (Department of Theoretical Physics, IFIN-HH, Bucharest)
QFT in strong backgrounds – applications for ELI-NP
The lectures will be followed by daily exercise sessions.
Interested students should apply no later than October 23, 2015 by filling out the registration form.
Local expenses will be covered for successful applicants.
Travel expenses will be reimbursed for eligible students depending on available funding.
- Luis Alvarez-Gaume (CERN, Geneva)
- Goran Djordjevic (School of Sciences and Mathematics, Nis)
- Wolfgang Lerche (CERN, Geneva)
- Guido Martinelli (SISSA, Trieste)
- Dumitru Vulcanov (West University of Timisoara)
Local Organizing Committee:
- Mihai Visinescu (Department of Theoretical Physics, IFIN-HH, Bucharest)
- Mirela Babalic (Department of Theoretical Physics, IFIN-HH, Bucharest)
- Bogdan Popovici (Department of Theoretical Physics, IFIN-HH, Bucharest)
- Roxana Zus (Faculty of Physics, University of Bucharest)
* Photos from the event can be found on the website of the CERN – SEENET-MTP PhD Training program.
** Due to well-founded reasons, Prof. Gianpiero Mangano had to cancell his participation.